Thursday, October 7, 2010

Like 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter'

Welcome to October! Are you excited? You should be. It’s a new month and a new chance to remind someone you love, how much you love them. (That’s exactly what you were thinking right?).  It’s Fall, so fall in love all over again, with everything.

I had a lovely surprise this morning when flowers were delivered to my home in the middle of breakfast. The simple ‘thank you’ note attached immediately brought tears to my eyes and a grin to my face. And the random act of kindness has sent the tone for the rest of my day. (Thanks again). The bubbly joy I’m feeling right now, I’d like to share with you. Better still, I’d like you to share it with someone else too. So let’s give it a try. That’s our ‘to do’ for today. We’re going to spread joy like 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' on a hot bake. (Can you tell I enjoyed breakfast?)

First things first, you’ll need to get yourself into the right frame of mind. Ready? Inhale…exhale…and grin! Go on. Feels forced and silly? That’s ok, I’m the only one who can see you. (Made you look.) But if you grin hard enough, when it starts to fade you’ll be left with a soft smile. See? There it is.

Now caption a blank piece of paper (or email, or Facebook note), “5 Things that made me smile the first week in October”. Write (or type) 4 things that made you smile so far this month. Here’s mine:

  1. One of my dearest friends is having a baby and she’s naming her after me. (That was my official bid).
  2. I hugged my dad.
  3. My husband bought me ice-cream and our dogs watched us eat it.
  4. My mum surprised me and in doing so inspired me.
Remember your list will actually have 5 items on it, but the 5th will be the same for all of us. Here it is.

  1. I shared four smiles with you.
When you’ve completed your list, pass it on. Let me know what you come up with, I’d love to hear from you.  Put your 4 in the comments section so I can smile with you. Note, however, the list doesn’t have to come back to you. You’re not giving this so it becomes a task, so give it free and clear, without instructions. And you can do this as often as you like. I’m pretty sure something sweet will come back to you in some way. Perhaps even flowers. In the least you would have shared a smile with someone. And smiles are a great way to start falling in love. Smiles and Celine Dion. But that’s another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment